[Peace] [Discuss] If restorative circle systems can work in the high violent crime areas of Brazil, perhaps we can explore these systems here in Champaign, Illinois. Our current justice system leaves so much to be desired.

Mikhail Lyubansky lyubanskym at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 19:22:24 CDT 2011

Thanks for posting this, Karen.  The public learning events will be Oct
12-16.  They will likely go all day and into the evening.  Having been to
several of these in the past, I can tell you from my personal experience
that they're fantastic.  There is never any fee to get in (he makes a
request for participants to contribute whatever they are want at the end of
the learning event).  We'll post registration information as soon as it's
available. In the meantime, please do spread this around.  Dominic is an
internationally known restorative justice practitioner/teacher and this will
be his only visit to North America in 2011, so folks will come from all over
the continent for this.

Happy to answer questions,
Mikhail (who along with Elaine Shpungin) is hosting and planning Dominic's
visit.

Mikhail Lyubansky, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign:
http://www.psych.uiuc.edu/~lyubansk
Blogger, Psychology Today:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/between-the-lines
Managing Editor, OpEdNews: http://www.opednews.com/author/author18834.html
[image: LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/in/lyubansky> [image:
Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/lyubansky> [image:
Twitter] <http://twitter.com/mikhaill>
IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received this
email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose
the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.
Signature powered by
<http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install?utm_source=extension&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=footer>
WiseStamp<http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install?utm_source=extension&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=footer>