[Peace] social activism meets composition

Ya'aqov Ziso yaaqovz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 19:25:27 CDT 2011

*We're organizing a concert of the music and theater of our friend Mark
Enslin, and we'd love if you could attend. It's at the House Theater House
(122 Franklin in Urbana) and happens this weekend, Friday, Saturday, and
Sunday September 16-18 (Saturday & Sunday are repeat performances of
Friday). *
*
*
*Seating is limited (30 seats per evening) so please RSVP by emailing Austin
at theaustinmccann[at]gmail.com
Update: *
*Friday: sold out. *
*Saturday, Sunday: there're a few tickets left*
*
*
*Saturday September 17th, 7:30pm
Sunday, September 18th. 2:00pm*
*
*
*Enslin compositions to be performed:
*

   - *Unentitled for speaking pianist, 2002, Susan Parenti,*
   - *Sonata Quijada solo for percussion, 1988, Rick Burkhardt*
   - *The Ground Whereon for guitar, 2007, Andy Gricevich*
   - *Safety Nets II for one-person band, 2010, Jacob Barton*
   - *Believers Play, 1994, co-written with Joe Futrelle, two performers:
   Danielle Chynoweth and Brook Celeste*

*Refreshments will be served.
$10 donation, though no one will be turned away for lack of funds.

*
*For those unable to make the event or interested in recordings: we intend
to record audio and video footage of the event for distribution. We invite
you to donate to make this recording project possible! Donating at least $20
to the Herbert Brun Society will get you on the list. Please send a check
written out to the Herbert Brun Society, and mail it to 122 Franklin Street,
Urbana Illinois, 61801. Or donate at: http://www.designingasociety.net/

*