[Peace] Fwd: "Steadfast Hope" presentation, on Israel/Palestine, Feb. 26th, at McKinley

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 23:43:27 CST 2012

Some of you may have heard Mark Braverman speak today.
On February 26th, we will be showing a film with Braverman.
Steadfast Hope: The Palestinian Quest for Just Peace
A film from the Israel/Palestine Mission Network of the Presbyterian
Church (USA)

       Film showing & discussion
 2:00-5:00pm Sunday, February 26th
     McKinley Presbyterian Church
 809 S. 5th St (5th & Daniel), Champaign
        Second Floor East room

Steadfast Hope challenges common myths and misperceptions about the
origins of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, presents a compelling
snapshot of the present situation on the ground, and offers a guide to
the challenges that lie ahead in the quest for peace.

Steadfast Hope offers an inspiring view of the activities currently
being undertaken by Muslim, Jewish, and Christian peacemakers working
for justice and reconciliation.

Free, and all are welcome.  Refreshments to be served.  We hope for a
lively discussion – please come!

Presented locally by AWARE, McKinley Presbyterian Church, and
(probably) others too – stay tuned.
For more information please write aware at anti-war.net or see the AWARE
facebook page.

More about the film and the IPMN (“our network speaks TO the Church
not FOR the Church”) on their web site:
    http://www.israelpalestinemissionnetwork.org/