[Peace] Tell the Knesset not to evict 40, 000 Bedouins from their homes!

Don McClure Jr dmccjr at att.net
Mon Nov 11 05:57:01 UTC 2013

I just got this action alert from Jewish Voice for Peace - If you sign before Monday evening your signature will be delivered to the Israeli Knesset.
www.jvp.org/StopPrawer

In just a few days, the Israeli Knesset will debate the Prawer Plan, a proposal to forcibly remove over 40,000 Bedouin citizens of Israel from their ancestral homelands.

But you can help stop this catastrophe.

If we can get 20,000 names saying No to Prawer within the next 24 hours, our partner on the ground, Avaaz.org, will hand-deliver our list to the Knesset.

Join the 18,000 who have already signed: www.jvp.org/StopPrawer

As US Secretary of State John Kerry urges both sides to negotiate for peace, the Prawer Plan highlights why peace talks haven’t worked: the plan was developed without the input of Bedouin communities directly affected by it, and treats Bedouin citizens of Israel and Jewish citizens differently.

No wonder the Bedouins are fighting the plan.

If Israel’s elected officials think this is what democracy looks like, it is no wonder that illegal settlement-building has only increased during decades of so-called peace talks.

Please tell everyone you know and sign here: www.jvp.org/StopPrawer

As a U.S. citizen, I know something about the forcible displacement of indigenous peoples. My country was built on it. But now, as I watch it happen in my lifetime, the difference is that there’s something we can do about it.

Please, join me and the rest of the world in raising our voices to Stop Prawer.

Onward,

Rabbi Alissa Wise
Jewish Voice for Peace