[Peace] "Dear Spain: Please do what the US won't: Prosecute Torture" - Roots Action petition

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 10:33:52 EDT 2014

Here's a Roots Action petition - "Dear Spain: Please do what the US
won't: Prosecute Torture"

http://act.rootsaction.org/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=3317

Some background: A brave judge in Spain, Pablo Ruz, is pursuing a case
against G. W. Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld for torture in the Guantanamo
Bay prison camp.   See:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/15/spanish-judge-defies-pressure-to-scrap-guantanamo-torture-case-against-bush/

This effort has been ongoing since 2011.

The Spanish government just last month passed a law attempting to
restrict the use of 'universal jurisdiction' to try such human rights
cases - in other words, he's facing political pressure to not go forward
with this case.

The petition thanks the Spanish people and asks for their support. They
write among other things -