[Peace] used on AWARE on the Air Fwd: "pro-Israel" response to Israel Apartheid Week

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 14:02:03 EDT 2014

Thank you, Robert, for forwarding this email to peace-discuss. I used it
during the AWARE on the Air* show for UPTV

Stuart talked about the events on campus for Israel Apartheid awareness
Week including the wall and mock evictions on the quad during the daytime.
// I then read part of Noah's email (which Robert Naiman forwarded to
peace-discuss), and then added my own comments.

My comments,

I agree with Noah that a wall is a powerful statement. If a small temporary
wall on the university campus is (quote) "accusing Israel of committing
humanitarian crimes" (unquote), then what statement does Israel’s real wall
have? Israel’s wall is huge, it is within the West Bank with some of the
Palestinian territory actually intentionally on Israel’s side, is about 700
kilometres long (430 mi), is 26 feet tall in places, and made out of
concrete.  Permanent walls say a whole lot more. A small temporary wall is
a good way to demonstrate what the United States foreign policies allow
Israel to build.

* (which aired Tuesday, April 21st, 2014; it will be published on YouTube
as "AWARE on the Air - Episode #276)

-karen evans levy

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Robert Naiman <naiman.uiuc at gmail.com>wrote:

> I thought you might find this of interest.

-- karen medina
"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark
Twain