[Peace] Greens call for Peace Action Committee

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 9 12:50:03 UTC 2017

<https://www.facebook.com/richwhitneyIL?fref=nf>

[https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-1/p80x80/20155613_10154490893476394_4901231235633439312_n.jpg?oh=9a541ef6efadb3f41fdff51f60699ee2&oe=59F96A67]
Rich Whitney<https://www.facebook.com/richwhitneyIL?hc_ref=ART6X9nygoV9AGoQJ1Akoayky6Lf63WeuKJ7dcxNKECvRWIxC4j0pPpYCowGSg7x06U&fref=nf>
1 hr<https://www.facebook.com/groups/587432744659202/permalink/1471823516220116/>

Dear Friends, please share to other Green pages and list-serves:

Call to Re-Constitute Green Peace Action Committee

We the undersigned seek to re-constitute the Green Peace Action Committee, a former standing committee of the Green Party of the United States that has been inactive for several years.

At a time when our nation is committing brazenly illegal, immoral and indefensible acts of war in Syria, Yemen, elsewhere in the Middle East and Africa and engaging in dangerous acts of brinksmanship with Russia, China and North Korea, it is essential that the Green Party play a strong role in building a more effective peace movement and stand tall as a clear and uncompromising voice against war, the military-industrial complex and the institutional causes of war.

We call upon other concerned Greens to volunteer to join our Committee, so that it can be activated and recognized by the GP-US and begin to engage in this vital task. Please note that you will need to seek appointment or approval by your state party before you can join this Committee in an official capacity.

If interested in being a part of this important work, please contact Interim Co-Chairs Deanna Dee Taylor at deedeelivesgreen at greenpartyutah.com<mailto:deedeelivesgreen at greenpartyutah.com> and Rich Whitney at richwhitney at frontier.com<mailto:richwhitney at frontier.com>.

Please note that our next conference call is set for Wednesday, August 16th, at 5pm Eastern Time. Please contact the Interim Co-Chairs if you are willing and able to participate in the call.

Signed,

Deanna Dee Taylor, Utah
Kim Murphy, Utah
Rich Whitney, Illinois