[Peace] last minute anti-tax-scam gathering in Davis' office -- noon Monday?

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 00:58:09 UTC 2017

I want to propose an action which may well bear no fruit, but so what.

I'm ticked off at the reverse Robin Hood tax scam which our US Rep Davis
is surely going to vote for, probably on Tuesday.

Proposal: whoever can, gather at Davis' office - say at *noon on Monday,
tomorrow the 18th, *unless someone has a better suggestion.*
*
Previous gatherings have mostly been rallies outside on the parking
lot.   Instead I propose to pack the office, as people did for the
health care bill.   About ten people can squeeze in, and if more come
they can be in the hallway.   I'm not proposing a sit-in, not risking
arrest, just an uncomfortably large number of people coming to say we
want Davis to vote Hell No and not sell out our future for the sake of
wealthy people and corporate profits, and stick around for maybe a half
hour or an hour or until they throw us out.

Problem: I may well be unable to be there myself (expecting a
yet-to-be-scheduled work meeting, which I'll be unable to skip, may get
scheduled for that hour).

There's lots of source material, but here's a middle-of-the-road article
from Bloomberg of all places saying, basically, that corporate America
doesn't need the money, and naming things that we do need -- "The
largest economic challenges we face include a skills crisis that our
public schools are not addressing, crumbling infrastructure that
imperils our global competitiveness, wage stagnation coupled with
growing wealth inequality, and rising deficits that will worsen as more
baby boomers retire.  The tax bill does nothing to address these
challenges. In fact, it makes each of them worse."

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-12-15/this-tax-bill-is-a-trillion-dollar-blunder

Who would be in?