[Petitioning] This week

Susan Rodgers susanraerodgers at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 21:18:16 CDT 2006

Hello All!

Here is the schedule for this week's petitioning and those who have signed
up thus far.  If you can make any of these times and are not on this list,
please let me know.  Feel free to show up on your own as well!

Thursday: QUAD 1pm-3pm - Mark, Chris, Pat, Susan

Friday: ASSEMBLY HALL 6:30pm-7:30pm - Pat, Andrew, Bill, Chris, Susan, Tom

Saturday: DOOR to DOOR 10:30am-1:30am - Pat, Susan, Bill Chris, Lally,
Kevin(maybe), Tom

Monday: QUAD 1pm-2pm - Pat, Lally, Chris, Susan

Tuesday: QUAD 2pm-5pm - Eric, Mark, Lally, Andrew, Bill, Susan

When we petition on the Quad please meet at the walkway on the north side.
One person should stay in this area at all times while others wander at
their will.  When petitioning on the Quad here is a good script:

-Hi are you registered to vote in Illinois?
<if they say yes>
-Will you sign my petition to help get more candidates on the November
ballot?
<sure>
-Make sure to sign with the address you're registered to vote at
<if they sign the state wide petition with a Champaign, Urbana, or
Savoy residence>
-I notice you are registered locally, would you mind signing our petition
for the local candidate?
<sure>
Thank you!

I understand this is a mouthful, but it's what we have to do!  When we
petition in the community it will be easier because we won't have to worry
about where the person is registered to vote.

If you are running low on blank petitions please let me know.

As soon as you have as few as two filled out sheets I recommend getting them
notarized and turned into me.  We are making weekly reports to the state and
need to start validating Tom's petitions.  You can find notaries on the
second floor of the Union in the SORF office or at any of the local
libraries.

I will be sending out a more detailed e-mail concerning door to door soon.

If you have ANY questions please let me know.  My number is 619-985-3553

Thank you everyone!  We are going to throw such a huge party after this is
over!

-Susan