[Rfu-barnraising] juice thoughts..

Molly Stentz molly at ucimc.org
Wed Nov 9 09:26:27 CST 2005

hey -
rackin' my brain on the juice front...

massive quantity of juice will be expensive no matter how you slice it.
none of our corporate grocery store donations came through.

i asked some folks who own juicers if it would be cheaper to make our own
but they think it wouldn't be, plus more labor to make each day b/c it
doesn't hold.

one thought:
we have el cheapo frozen orange and apple at the co-op. we usually sit on
massive quantities. we can get it by the flat and store it in bill's
freezer once it arrives today - then make as needed each day. cost would
be < $2/can. each can makes a big pitcher.

another thought:
we could get bottles of concentrate at schnuck's or IGA or some place.
then just mix with water. not sure price but someone could spec it out.

either option is pretty quick and easy so i wouldn't spend too much time
worrying about it. my only worry was how to get something decent (pure
juice - no sugar mix)  affordably...

thoughts?

  -molly