[Rfu-barnraising] Taking Back All Kinds of Airwaves- Come Help Us Build Community Radio and Community Wireless in Urbana, Illinois 11/11 to 11/13

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Sun Oct 9 13:36:33 CDT 2005

1 proposed changed.  if it's too late, no big deal.  change in is caps.
the party for RFU on sunday will likely draw lots of folks from the
community to celebrate the new space - great outreach all around.  -d

> UCIMC & Prometheus Radio Project
>
> present
>
> RADIO STATION BARNRAISING: RADIO FREE URBANA, WRFU-LP!
> 11/11 to 11-13
>
> Join the Urbana Champaign Independent Media Center, CU Wireless and
> Prometheus for
> another hair-raising spine-tingling electrically-charged weekend radio
> project!  Jump in with hundreds of volunteers from around the country as
> we come together to build a new radio station from microphone to antenna
> in three headlong days.  THIS BARNRAISING WILL ALSO BE THE GRAND OPENING
OF THE NEW IMC SPACE - THE DOWNTOWN POST OFFICE - WHICH WAS PURCHASED BY
THE IMC LAST MAY.