[Rfu-barnraising] housing questions

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Thu Oct 13 01:10:51 CDT 2005

Faith - I love working with you.  Okay, here are some answers:

> 1. I need to know exactly what is expected of me.

See attached barnraising manual - there is a housing section.  The most
imp thing right now is to craft an e-mail invitation for folks to provide
housing and inviting them to the barnraising.  Send it out to be
forwarded.

> 2. I need to know what has happened on the housing front so far. Hannah, I
> guess this has been your thing so far. Do I need to speak with people at
> the hotel or is that all set up?

Hotel and crash space Hannah is working on. I suggest giving Hannah a
call: 215-727-9620.

Petetridish is here in town Thur-Fri and Mon-Wed - after you talk read the
manual and talk to hannah, you should talk to Pete: 215-605-9297.  He
wants to touch base with all point people in town.

> 3. I really hate to say this, y'all, but I need to know when exactly the
> barn-raising events are happening! I really have not been keeping track of
> any of this stuff!

It's Nov 11-12 (30 days to go).

Read these:
http://www.prometheusradio.org/urbana/ - and click to see registration
form.
http://www.ucimc.org/feature/display/98432/index.php

Pete can tell you about the schedule.

> 4. Danielle, what is the status of the survey?

Here is the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=614281417440.
If you want to edit it, you need to do so before folks
(other than my test) input data.  To edit:
a) go to: http://www.surveymonkey.com/
b) login as: danielle at ojctech.com password: chicago8
c) close the survey named "homestays ..." (click on the box)
d) click "design"
e) edit
f) when you are done, you need to open the survey and then click "collect"
then select "create an e-mail link for a message."

> 5. Lynsee, who are you sending solicitations to? I don't want to double
> up as much as can be helped.

FYI - Lynsee said she would include this survey link in her shout outs.

> All of that said, I have already spoken with several people who would all
> be more than happy to have people crash on their couches or floors!

Nancy & Russ said they could provide space.

ciao,
danielle