[Rfu-barnraising] 10.19.05 barnraising minutes

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Wed Oct 19 22:16:36 CDT 2005

Barnraising
10.19.05

FOOD
- Molly & Stuart are on it
- We have a kitchen for Sat and Sun YEA!!
- BUT not for Friday, so we will keep looking, Molly proposed either:
	1) Friday potluck
	2) Use IDF kitchen
	3) Use Molly's personal kitchen
	4) We all go to the Red Herring (requires transportation)
	- Lincoln Square can't help us
- Molly will get supplies from the Herring, but we need more - Herriots?
- Tables & Chairs - Someone needs to do the following:
	-Call Deborah Owen at McKinley Fnd. and get rental rates
	-Call the University YMCA and get rental rates
	-Call Angela at Homeworks and see if they anything we can use

HOUSING
- Faith is on it
- If you can provide housing, please fill out the survey:
	http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=614281417440

PUBLICITY
- Lynsee is on it
- PLEASE SEND HER CONTACTS FOR PUBLICITY!!

PREP TECH
- Doug is on it - no updates
- the ground rod is going down elm street side of the bldg
- the distro amp is cheaper
- you don't need a separate phone interface
- how to pay for studio building costs - RFU has some cash in the bank;
Mike is giving a loan for tower
- how to do expenses - we need a few point people to approve expenses
	need:
		- list of people to approve - Mike, Danielle, Sascha?
		- account info at local vendors
		- places we get discounts
		- maps for places
		- tax exempt info

SPACE
- construction is underway
- proposed layout of the event
	- SE: plenary & performances
	- IMC staff room - lockable tool room
	- 1st floor E wall - info space
	- 1st floor - S wall - kitchen space
	- OJC/CUWiN room - Wireless track
	- OJC conference room? - Organizational track
	- IMC meeting room & studio - Production track
	- Under the stairs room - Tech track
	- Artists Collective - costume room: childcare room
	- Artists Collective - parade prep?
Missing:
	- Kitchen clean up space

T-SHIRTS
- Maiko is on it

ENTERTAINMENT
- Jenny is on it

CHILD CARE
- we want to organize science projects with the barnraising children
- we need an organizer - Lynsee will ask Linda Evans

TRANSPORTATION
- Lynsee sent initial info to PR who posted it
- we need a coordinator

REGISTRATION
- Kevin is our NEW coordinator - YEA!

CELEBRATION
- how will we publicly celebrate going on the air?