[Rfu-barnraising] tables and chairs!

Andy Gunn andy at prometheusradio.org
Tue Oct 25 10:19:42 CDT 2005

we will also need tables and chairs for the studio construction stuff.  i think 4 long tables with 4 to 6 chairs at each will work fine.  the idea is to have plenty of space to work on equipment with...  extras are always handy.

-a

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, hannah sassaman wrote:

> hey mike, this is really awesome.  just so everyone knows what we are looking for:
>
> my estimate has been that we'll need at least one table in each room where there will be a workshop, probably 20
> seats or so in each of those rooms, plenty of tables in the areas where the technical work will happen as well as 20
> chairs scattered around that area, and at least 10 tables surrounded by seating for 125-150 for the eating/plenary
> area.
>
> chairs can of course be moved around though it's easier if there are more than enough chairs.
>
> i really like the borrowing of patio and porch furniture idea, though do others think the logistics are too hard to
> handle?
>
> if there is space, now is the time to start bringing over your porch and patio furniture (as un-dusty as you can make
> it, and clearly labelled as yours) so we can start stacking up, i'd say.
>
> other thoughts on this?
>
> hannah s.
> prometheusradioproject
>
> On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 06:42:42PM -0500, Mike Lehman wrote:
> > I can provide 5 to 6 tables and probably about 18 chairs. Most is my
> > patio furniture, so it varies a bit in sturdiness and utility.
> >
> > Since it is getting past patio season here in Urbana, more such
> > furniture will probably be available, if it is specifically mentioned in
> > solicitations for aid.
> >
> > There IMC has a few extra tables and quite a few chairs scattered around
> > various places.
> >
> > Also, my 4'x 8' low-side trailer will be available. It isn't handsome,
> > but it is handy.
> >
> > Y'all just remember to ask me when you need it.
> > Mike Lehman

> --
> -----
>
> hannah sassaman
> prometheusradioproject
>
> our next radio barnraising is november 11th - 13th!
> join us in urbana, illinois --
> http://www.prometheusradio.org/urbana --
> and build a radio station AND a community wireless project!

|  Andy Gunn - Technical and Training Organizer  |
| Prometheus Radio Project - prometheusradio.org |
|    andy at prometheusradio.org   215-727-9620     |

| Come to our next radio station Barnraising and community wireless |
| congregation!  November 11 to 13, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois.     |
| Prometheus Radio Project * UC Independent Media Center * WRFU-LP  |
| Check http://www.prometheusradio.org/urbana/ for more details!    |