[Vip-recreation] volunteer request from C-U Special Rec-please help if you can!!

ctrimarc at uiuc.edu ctrimarc at uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 16 11:28:50 CST 2005

C-U EXPRESS FESTIVAL plus info about helping with BOCCE and
BOWLING!!!!

All aboard!!  The C-U Express Festival is an amazing event
celebrating the arts ability to bring people of all
backgrounds together.   There will be live performances
Friday and Saturday at the Virginia Theatre and a movie on
Friday night - all with a twist giving everything a
completely new perspective. On Saturday we will be closing
down the street in front of the Virginia Theatre to create an
outdoor carnival with activities focusing on the festival's
main themes:  the senses, imagination, the arts, carnival
games, and accessibility.

This is the weekend that begins spring break!  Start your
break off at the Express Festival.  Come usher a performance
with us on Friday or Satuday.  Work the street carnival,
watch the magicians, help face paint, feel the excitement of
an outdoor ars carnival. The dates are Friday March 18 and
Saturday March 19.  Performance times are Friday 9:30 & 1:00
pm and  and Saturday 1 pm. The closed captioned movie is
Friday at 7:30.  The street festival is Saturday from 11 -
4.   Thanks so much.

For more information, please contact Kathy Stiebner at CU
Special Recreation.  398-2374 or
kathy.stiebner at cparkdistrict.com.

Thanks a lot!  I appreciate being able to send you guys these
volunteer requests.  Have a great weekend

***BOCCE and BOWLING HELP NEEDED!!! Rides will be provided
but we need just a few more people for this once a week
activity!! Email Shane today to get involved and find out
more info at cochran at uiuc.edu