[Vip-recreation] bball coaching info this week and new director!!!

ctrimarc at uiuc.edu ctrimarc at uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 7 13:31:08 CST 2005

Hey guys, just found out about some basketball coaching
opportunities as well as some fun events this week!!!

***Champaign Park District Basketball coaching:
One practice during the week and one on the weekend.  Once
the season starts (Jan. 7) no weekend practices, just
Saturday games.  8 games.  Practices start week of Nov. 28.
There is a holiday break.

There are two coaches meetings.  Everyone needs to attend ONE
of the two. There are also two skills assessments.  Everyone
is asked to help out at least one of the skills assessments.
-Coaches meetings THIS WEEK:
*Tuesday, November 8, 6:30pm Coaches Meeting at the Douglass
Community Center.
or
*Thursday, November 10, 6:00pm Coaches Meeting at the Bresnan
Meeting
Center.

-contact Mr. Marler from CPD with questions/concerns at
Hsiung.Marler at cparkdistrict.com
-if you do decide to volunteer, please let me know also so I
can keep track of your hours
-I may be able to give you a ride if you need it to either of
the coaches meetings, but let me know asap

***YMCA will be holding a free event on November 11 from 6-8
p.m.  It there our SPORTS SPECTACULAR NIGHT in which families
will come and play a variety of games that I will have
planned for the night (such as dodgeball, kickball, beach
volleyball, and a hoola-hoop contest).  If either of you
would like to send some volunteers over for the event, I
would greatly appreciate it.  Just let me know if you guys
can come.  It should be a lot of fun!
-Email Sarah at sendrsn1 at uiuc.edu

***YMCA AFTERHOURS this Saturday from 7-10pm.  Come play
basketball and eat free PIZZA with junior high kids!  We
could really use the help with this because each week more
and more kids are coming:)
-Email Kristina at kfranke at uiuc.edu

***Urbana Park District BASKETBALL COACHING - if interested
contact Kyle Mills from UPD directly and make sure to let him
know you heard about coaching through VIP
-contact him at kamills at urbanaparks.org for more specific
information

***CU Special Recreation Basketball coaching starts this week
as well.  If interested, contact Kathy Stiebner at
kathy.stiebner at cparkdistrict.com and let her know you are
part of VIP.  Practices are Tues/Thurs and this is a
commitment activity:) If enough of you are interested we may
be able to work out rides...

***NEW Director for RECREATION starting this spring!!  Please
welcome Kristina Franke the former YMCA Afterhours
coordinator! Congrats and good luck...you'll be hearing from
her soon!

Thanks for all your help with the events this past weekend,
even though they were all short notice, you all really helped
out!
-Claire:)