[Vip-recreation] Special Rec training and EVENTS we need you for:)

ctrimarc at uiuc.edu ctrimarc at uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 13 17:27:03 CDT 2005

**It's the MeadowBrook Jazz Walk. Local jazz musicians, both
soloists and combos, will be performing along the paths in
Meadowbrook and there will be outdoor sculptures and
refreshments all for free! This event is Friday, Sept.16
from 5-7:30. If interested email Besty at brodri2 at uiuc.edu

**YMCA Parent's Night Out!  This Friday night. Volunteers
needed from 6-9:30 to entertain the children ages 5-12.
Activities include a movie, crafts, food, games, and swimming
(lots of fun to do with your friends!)  Email Sarah if
interested at sendrsn1 at uiuc.edu

**CU Special Recreation Friday Fun Night this Friday, time TBA
but probably from 6ish to 9ish.  Only
need one or two more people.  Email me at ctrimarc at uiuc.edu

**Urbana Park District Football Uniform measuring help on
Saturday from 11:30-4pm (probably could work part of the day
if you needed to).  Email Jill at jilmue at gmail.com

**YMCA AFTERHOURS this Saturday.  Basketball, free pizza,
games and swimming! Lots of fun to do with your buddies (see
if you can take on the junior high kids in b-ball)!  Email
Kristina at kfranke at uiuc.edu

***YMCA Fun Pass - Volunteers
Contact: Brandon Williams brandon at ccymca.net or 239-2804
Dates:  Mondays or Wednesdays September 6th - December 16th
Time:  2-6 PM
Duration:  Volunteers asked to commit to at least one day a
week for atleast one month, Location:  500 W. Church Street,
Champaign

Job Summary: The YMCA is looking for volunteers and/or groups
of volunteers that have an interest in working with middle
school youth to assist with Fun Pass afterschool program at
McKinley Family Center.  Basic responsibilities include riding
with staff on bus to pick up teens from Champaign Middle
schools, assist with homework, help facilitate daily
activities such as sports, games, swimming, and special
fieldtrips. Volunteers must also have a personal interest in
building relationships with youth, providing a positive,
welcoming, and safe environment, as well as being a role model.

***CU Special Recreation Training***
So many of you were interested that we have decided to do a
special training session on campus for the whole group.  It
will be next WEDNESDAY night, Sept. 21st at 7pm in the Union.
 I will let you all know the room as soon as I can.  If for
some reason you can't make it, let me know and we can try to
arrange another date for you.  If you think you are going to
come next WED., let me know so we make sure to have enough
forms for everyone.

Ok, that's it I think, hope you guys can help with some of
this stuff.  The community is really starting to depend on us
as volunteers so we don't want to let them down.  Thanks to
all the volunteers that made it to last weekends events with
the YMCA, they were a huge success and the staff at the YMCA
was very impressed with you all:)

peace,
Claire