[Peace-discuss] House Votes Today on Afghan, Pakistan Wars

E.Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Thu Jul 29 10:46:40 CDT 2010

Some local Democrat voters are unhappy with TJ's opposition to the war.

I personally think that TJ is too old and tired to fake it at this late stage of the game and
that his recent voting record seems to speak for itself and may indeed represent a
change from previously held views.  Actually there is nothing wrong with that.
"We'd all love to change your head."

The upshot is that the war is not an issue in this election if we
are to believe you.  Don't be offended by that.  I think it was
Mort who suggested that statements by candidates lack credibility while
they are pursuing office.  Let's assume your complete sincerity for the moment.
That should be reasonable enough.

Can you tell us how you feel about the bailouts, the massive incarceration of
American citizens, the trashing of constitutional rights, the unconstitutionality
of the current endless war, spying on American citizens, regulation of the internet,
transparency in government, limitations on public debate, ballot access, opinion shaping by the
mainstream media, root problems with the local and national economy, and monetary policy?

That's lots of stuff in one question but you can address each one in sequence.