[Peace-discuss] Fw: [Discuss] Fw: What hath got rot?

Tristan B tristan.bunner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 19:12:25 CDT 2010

Dave, no one said that you don't care about your fellow human beings.

Also, I don't like your assumptions about who does and who doesn't have
health insurance.  I don't at this moment, because I have been unable to
continue paying the exorbinant premiums for the Cobra insurance from my job
back in California (I'm at least $600 in the whole on my insurance, and even
more in medical bills).  Since I now have a new job I will have insurance
starting on the 1st but it is not a full plan and does not cover
prescriptions, so I will be paying around $300 a month for my medication
until i get the full deal.

Do agree with the charging of a fine for those who cannot afford
healthcare?  Absolutely not.  this is one of many things that I don't like
about the bill.

Do I agree that single payer is the only solution (short of over-throwing
capitalism)?  Yes.

Do I think that means we should not have taken the reforms that are now in
place, like preventing insurance companies from dropping people who get sick
or refusing to cover those already sick (and yes, I know that there are
exceptions)?  No.  it would be ignorant, arrogant and even insensitive not
to.

You make some very large assumptions about your audience, and I am in fact
not just a little offended.  I may have a better job now, but I have worked
crap jobs.  I survived in LA on minimum wage, I survived in Illinois on 2
part time jobs.  It sucks, and I know it does.  You shouldn't assume that
just cause we're not their now, that we don't know what it is like.

And Dave P's response was mostly an ad homonym attack and not worth
responding to.

Tristan Bunner
(805) 798-5096
tristan.bunner at gmail.com