[Peace-discuss] hasta la vista, baby.

"E. Wayne Johnson 朱稳森" ewj at pigsqq.org
Sun Dec 23 15:43:02 UTC 2012

Of course, I respectfully disagree.  Several counties
in southern Illinois wanted to secede and indeed one did (Williamson).

There were no slaves at all in Williamson county.

What they were rejecting was federal government tyranny.

Indeed it was a power struggle, whether I will decide myself how I
should live
my life, or whether I should let some Yankee a thousand miles away
dictate to me
how I should live my life.

Bringing race in to the equation is a dirty trick, equivalent to
throwing sand
in the bull's eyes when caught in a dilemma.

The matter of state's rights and secession is far from settled.

The ultimate break-up and dissolution of the Union is a lofty goal
but it is a very worthwhile one that would solve so many of the world's
problems. Maybe complete destruction of the federal government is a bit
radical.  Just cutting off some of its tentacles would be
sufficient.

It seems that the purpose of the war was for the Northern elites
(what you call the 0.01%) to gain control over everybody else.

Hardly any dog would consume the poison of authoritarian government if
it were not mixed with the meat of the promise of "social good".

Anarchism seems to be the ultimate anti-war position, and although
secession aint exactly anarchism per se, secession is certainly a
step in the right direction.

On 12/23/12 22:25, David Green wrote